|This is the view from the parking lot on the side of the house. That cement building in the right is across the street|
There was one down side to this establishment: there was no air conditioning in the house- that made it a little balmy. There were open windows bringing in some fresh air and fans running to help circulate it, but I think this is the type of restaurant that we'll go back to when it is a little cooler!
I wouldn't go if you were in a rush as the wife cooks the food to order, one dish at a time. She brings them out like most restaurants in Okinawa: as they're ready, so you might be eating before your dining companions, which is customary here and not at all considered rude- eat your food while it's hot!
Coming from McT:
- Exit the base and make a right.
- Continue on the 8 until it turns into the 10. There will be a split kind of by the Family Mart with the HUGE Shisa statue- bear to the left here.
- Keep driving, enjoying the view, looking on your right for the blue house. There were banners on the sidewalk and we just missed the place- but we were able to pop a u-turn at the next little side street.
- If you reach White Beach, you're gone too far.
- There is a little driveway taking you to a grassy area out back where you can park.
Coming from Courtney (how I would go):
- Drive south on the 75 until you reach the 8. Make a left onto the 8 and follow the above directions from there.
Coming from Kadena (how I would go):
- Take gate 3 straight (the 26, past Camp Shields) and turn left onto the 329.
- Keep going until you get see signs for the 329 towards Uruma. It will be just past a bowling alley. I think it's a Lawson's you'll turn at (I KNOW, just, the Lawson's past the bowling alley).
- When you see signs for the 8 you'll be turning right onto it.
- You will drive past McT (it will be on your right) and from there follow the directions as listed above.
If you go, I hope you love it as much as we did!