|Barefoot, rocking skinny jeans on our patio!|
- Cooking with my new Flavor God spices! If you haven't heard about Flavor God, you need to just hop on over to the site and give them a look. It's kind of a one man shop with a little help from his friends! He bottles all of his spices upon receipt of your order, and miraculously, they got here in about 10 days! I've been sprinkling them on just about everything I cook from veggies and potatoes, to steak and chicken, and even in my eggs!
- Listening to "Indie Christmas" on Pandora! I won't embarrass myself by telling you how long I've been listening to it, as it may have been a little before Halloween when I started wrapping up gifts!
- Playing Gilmore Girls on Netflix! Seriously you guys, it's been a binge fest like no other & I feel like I should get a medal for this cinematic marathon! I caught bits and pieces when it originally aired, so I am so happy to be catching the entire series from beginning to end!
- Wondering what all we're going to do on our first trip off the island! We are leaving this week and I don't have the first thing planned other than relaxing, maybe taking a few bike rides to find exciting places to shop & dine, and enjoying ourselves worry free! I'm kind of freaking out about it, but I'm sure it will be exciting and fun!
- Loving some new pajama pants I got in this week. I bought them more for Gene than me (but they're mine). He loves little bulldogs, and what's cuter than bulldog jammies?!
- Hoping we figure a tree out before Christmas! I *maybe* set it up last week just because I was so darn in the holiday spirit! It's a little 4 1/2 foot pre-lit tree, but the top half shorted out on me! We definitely don't have room in the budget for a new tree and I refuse to settle for one just to have one! I managed to get the lights off of it, and we're hoping we can just throw a string of lights on it and call it a day! Fingers crossed we can find some out here!
- Wearing SKINNY JEANS. It's true. I ordered my first (and second) pair of skinny jeans this month and was kind of crazy excited when they came in quicker than I anticipated! I was so nervous at just the thought of them- could I "pull them off" as a larger gal? I think I am, and while I'm not crazy trendy, they do help me feel a little more hip with it!
- Buying amazing clothing, all on clearance! I browse the JCPenney and Lane Bryant sites every other week or so to see if there's anything good in their clearance section! Since we're living on a tropical island, I can still wear most of the summer clothes that are all marked down. Yesterday, I hit the jackpot! I found two beautiful dresses (which I know will fit amazingly since I have them both already, in different colors!), two skirts, a few pairs of pants and several tops! I saved $400 between markdowns and a sales event where I was able to take an addition 25% off!!! I can't wait for that package to get here!
- Reading The Hunger Games... for the very first time. That's what our book club is reading right now. We plan on alternating between the trilogy and other books to read the entire series between now and the summer. We spend two months per book mostly so we can stretch out our getting together time with more chitchat than book talk.
- Planning the 21 Day Fix! I am so excited to get to work with my neighbor, who is a new Beachbody Coach, through this program! It's a nutrition and workout program and I'm really hoping it helps get me back into awesome portion control and back to a whole foods approach when it comes to our eating habits!
Exciting times around here, huh? I will of course be instagramming all about our vacation and what I'll be eating on the 21 Day Fix! I'll work on getting posts up about them as well! For now- time to get a packin'!
What have y'all been up to?