It appears as if I saw the video just in time to apply it to my own life. Gene came home from work yesterday with some startling news that I'm trying not to get upset about. It appears the person heading to Afghanistan for a position he is eligible for has been injured during training and now they are looking for a quick fill. AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT! Thoughts ran through my mind:
- He has all of his gear still
- He was recently trained and would be a prime candidate
- Can he tell Big Navy "Afghanistan? AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT!"
- Will anyone volunteer or will someone be voluntold!?!
- How am I going to handle another deployment so quickly...
- ... our entire marriage has been a few months gone, a few months home, a few more months gone, a few months home, a few more months than that gone, a few months home
- How do I not cry in front of him, and hold it together until we find out the position has been filled, hopefully by someone other than him?
We have a month (give or take a few days) before Gene has been home for 6 months. This pattern of redeployment fits in perfectly with the pattern of our entire marriage so far... AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT! We were just finding normal again and then we're thrown this HUGE kink in the plans.
So this morning, I cried it out (hopefully over NOTHING) and asked Nan to join me in prayer. Prayer that he will not be chosen, but if he is, that he goes where he is needed and kept safe. Prayers to get through the next weeks as we wait to find out what is happening. Prayers for strength to handle whatever is thrown our way.
I ask you, if you are the praying kind, to join us as we await our fate. AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT.