The day eventually came when I was "tagged" on instagram to write out my 20 facts and I thought "there's no way I'm taking the time to type that all out with just my pointer finger! Forget about it!" Then I saw the sweet Erin James write out 20 fun things about herself and her life and I felt like I knew her so much better than before. Surely I could think of 20 fun things to share with all of you to help bridge the gap in our friendships (just on my computer... not on my phone)! So... here goes!
1. I'm going to cheat and use a fact I already shared in this post. When I'm on my phone texting (which I HATE doing), or instagramming, facebooking or whatever that involves typing: I use my pointer finger like an Octogenarian who picked up an iPhone for the first time ever five minutes ago.
2. I just signed myself and Gene up for another 5K! The Bubble Run! OH: and my first 10K! The Coronado Valentine's Day 10K! I never in a million years thought I would be interested in anything athletic as an adult, and love that this new found hobby is really sticking with us! (Gosh: see, I've been writing this list for A WHILE now! I've signed up for a ton more events and made a page about them up there ^^^)
3. I always dreamed of being a mother. Being a better mother to my children than my mother was to me and my older brother. Life and circumstances are showing me this is not God's plan for my life and I have finally stopped feeling sorry for myself and started making new dreams. They're bold, and exciting, and just as life-affirming as I think motherhood would have been.
4. I'm the driver in our house. Grocery shopping, going out to dinner, even driving across country: I'm the driver. Partly because I'm a control freak and partly because Gene is a slow driver who uses both of his feet and makes me nervous.
5. I had my wedding dress before Gene even proposed to me! We knew we were getting married before the ship left Norfolk, so Nan and I went to "just look" but we found a dress and both fell in love- so she bought it for me.
6. I am obsessed with fancy markers- art markers, journaling markers, and sharpies.
7. I get REALLY INTO shows on ABC Family and The CW. Like- when will Hart Of Dixie come back on so I can see what's been going on in Bluebell?
8. I get the best ideas when I'm driving in the car and can't write them down... ALWAYS!
9. Aggressive drivers make me crazy! Even if their aggression isn't aimed at me, I find myself yelling at them in my car, "get off that guys bumper, ya jerk!" Sadly, I am just as aggressive of a driver.
10. I ALWAYS have lip balm with me! Right now, in the front pocket of my purse, I have FOUR different sticks.
|Including two Baby Lips!|
One is tinted & one is clinical strength.
|Did someone say NARCISSIST?|
13. I am among the millions of people who read e-mails on my phone, but because of fact #1 I hate responding to e-mails on my phone so I think "Oh, I'll do that later!" then I forget all about it since it's a read e-mail. I've finally stopped checking my e-mail, or am trying to remember to mark them as unread. If you haven't heard back from me: drop me another line!
14. I'm in love with stationery in a way most normal people might not understand. I have BOXES full of note cards, fancy paper, and fun envelopes yet I still buy more almost every time I am in a store.
15. I LOVE baseball and I'm so happy Gene does too! I became a season ticket holder with the San Diego Padres when Gene was in Afghanistan to keep me busy and get me out of the house for some fun. We split a half season this year with another gal, and have had some great nights at Petco Park!
Yankees v Padres
Padres stomped the crap outta the Skanks.
|I took all of these. It's easier when I'm on his right side.|
This is just a sampling from 2013!
18. I'm a QVC shopper! I order food on auto-delivery (did somebody say "Corky's Ribs!"?) and most recently took advantage of their easy pay program to buy a Vitamix!
19. I could not be happier than I am with my marriage. We fight. I fuss. Gene doesn't take out the trash until I ask for the 5th time sometimes. At the end of the night though, I always tell him I love him and we always share a goodnight kiss. No matter how mad I get with him, and no matter how deep I have to look for it, deep down I love him and I know that will never change. Marriages are work. They require nurturing and patience. My marriage is worth it.
20. While at Walmart recently, I picked up a planner for $9.98. It's less than half an inch thick, not personalized, and not very fancy at all, but I already love it more than I ever loved my Erin Condren one and I am using that as a means to remind myself over the course of the next year that I don't always have to have what everyone else has- I don't need to buy the fanciest things and own the greatest items to be happy. Me and my $10 planner will get by just fine.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
WOW you guys. I don't even believe I'm finished with my facts! It kinds of feels a little sad that I won't have to think of anymore, but I suppose I'll start my list because I'm bound to get tagged again sometime and it's fun getting to share some random things with you all! I hope you found at least one of those 20 things about me enlightening, entertaining, or at least gossip worthy! Share a little something about yourself, friends!