Friday, April 25, 2014

My Great Deathbed Illness of 2014

Oh, friends. In case you've missed me on the instagram I thought I would come out from under the covers, away from the DVR, and reconnect with you all. As I sit here clicking away at the keys, there is currently snot crusted on my nostril, which is too sore for me to even think about touching to pick it away. I don't remember a time in my life when a sickness lingered with me for this length of time and I'm officially over it.

My throat started hurting last Friday evening, and over the weekend I just got worse! When I woke up on Tuesday, I would have preferred being consumed by death than deal with whatever was not letting me get better.

I threw in the towel and knew I had to go to the hospital to get checked out. (By hospital of course I'm referring to my very first medical experience since switching my TRICARE over to being seen by the staff at the Naval Hospital.) It was a pleasant enough experience. I was in and out in no time really. I had crazy high blood pressure, and we're not sure what that's all about, so I get to go back tomorrow. Fun. The PA seems to think it's from the amphetamine in the sudafed I was taking. It knocked me out, and I didn't really like it, so luckily I only took it Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning! It of course made me a nervous wreck getting my BP taken several time, being told to sit and wait while the nurse figured out if I needed an EKG, and then having it taken several more times!

This pretty much sums up how I felt: blurry and exhausted.
We went to the pharmacy, got my Mucinex and Motrin as well as a nasal spray and lozenges and I was back on my merry way to bed. I'm taking everything like I should be, I'm trying my best to stay hydrated (because I was grossly dehydrated at the doctor's), I'm even eating chicken noodle soup (and I loathe chicken noodle soup!)!!!

I eat my soup out of a mug :)
I don't feel like digging a hole for myself to crawl into today, but I'm still not feeling even 80% better. I can breathe through my nose again, so there's that! Hopefully we'll get some answers tomorrow and my BP has gone back down to normal! Hopefully next week I'll be bringing you awesome posts all about our cross country road trip and all the awesome things we got to do and see! Until then, let me get back to warming up some soup and catching up on the 5 episodes of Glee in the DVR that I refuse to make Gene endure!


Amanda said...

Feel better. So not the welcome home I'm sure you wanted!

Julie Danielle said...

Being sick like that is no fun :( Hope you are feeling all better soon!

Karen said...

Hope you feel better soon!!!

Ashley said...

Poor girl! Hope you are feeling better now. Sickness this time of the year always feels the worst!

Stephanie Griffith said...

Blech. I'm sorry. We call that "The Creeping Crud" because it just creeps along, in no hurry to move on, meanwhile you're miserable and feel like, well, crud! I get sick like that about once a year, and it's always either a sinus infection or some asshole virus.

I know you've emerged from your death cave by now, but take it easy nonetheless. We all want to hear Okinawa stories after all :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out of your day, and for sharing your words of encouragement and love, friends! If you have a question: make sure to leave a way for me to get in touch with you, or ensure I can reply via e-mail!

Content The Young Retiree | Design Poppiness Designs